So much information is readily available on how to find a job – books, Internet, job seeker groups. Why in the world would anyone pay a professional for information available for free?
Actually, using professional services makes sense if your current job search approach is not working for you.
Here are some ways to know if a professional can be useful:
- If you come in second in interviews. Your background and resume must be good enough to get you the interview but if you do not get the offer you might be doing something during the interview to undermine your background. It is hard to get feedback from the company. A professional can offer insight into what is going on during the interview.
- If you have trouble getting interviews there could be something wrong with your resume or Linkedin profile.
- If you seldom get invitations for connections on LinkedIn your profile might not include the right key words.
- If you are still applying for positions through advertisements in the newspaper.
- If you are a college student without work experience and not sure where to start your search.
- If you have been in your current role for a number of years but don’t feel like you are getting anywhere it could be time to check out outside opportunities. Maybe it has been so long you are not sure how to start.
- If you are coming back into the workforce after a while you might need some help.
- If you are really busy it might be hard to do the research needed to get ready for an opportunity that falls into your lap. A professional can do the behind the scenes work to get you ready.
- A professional can help with information and feedback that you cannot usually get any other way.
Have an initial discussion with several professionals. You want to pick an experienced professional you get along with who has an approach you think you will be effective for you. Check out references to be sure this person will be the right fit for you.
The right professional services can supplement information from books and the Internet. Consider the fee to be an investment in your future! The Interview Doctor might be just the professional to fit your needs!!
Get your copy of this month’s FREE Ebook “Effectively Utilizing LinkedIn In Your Job Search“. It will help you be strategic with your job hunting and teach you tips so that you will see better results!