LinkedIn has many learning and information tools just waiting for you to use them in your career or job search!
Today I was awarded a consulting gig about performance reviews. I am thrilled! I know a lot about performance management. It is practically my hobby. I LOVE the idea of holding people accountable to clear expectations. I get all tingly!!
But when creating a workshop or a presentation or a speaking gig, I need to dig deeper. I need to get perspectives that open my mind to new ideas that might help me put the ideas across to my audience in a clearer fashion that makes sense to my audience.
I need ideas.
LinkedIn is a never ending treasure trove of information!! I love it. There are so many ways you use LinkedIn to find the information that might make my presentation or workshop a total hit!! These are great places to find information (content) to share or comment on if you are trying to build your brand and get noticed.
- So many contributors with so many ideas in one place! I can spend hours reading other people’s blogs with good ideas that I can incorporate into my presentation.
- SlideShare. Is there already a PowerPoint out there that explains what I need to know or looks at my topic from a different direction?
- LinkedIn Learning for training courses. Maybe someone has already developed a clever way to communicate the points I am trying to make.
- LinkedIn Groups. Groups are still full of people with different ideas and unique approaches that I can talk to. Just ask a question and see what happens. Or search through questions already asked. Or find an expert who seems to be willing to share.
- LinkedIn is chocked full of experts who are willing to talk about their experiences. Who do I know who will let me pick their brains?
This is the beauty of social media sharing. Whenever you want to know what other people think or need to get a different perspective, just check out LinkedIn. So many resources in one place!!