Time has an impact on the energy we bring to our careers.
This article is an excerpt from our BizTV video, which can be viewed online simply click this link.
I have a secret. I am not as young as I used to be. I can’t believe I am saying that out loud but it is true.
Time has an impact on energy. It does not have an impact on viability or contribution. I still have a lot to say but sometimes I can see that younger folks seem to have bottomless energy. Sometimes I feel a step behind. Ever feel that way?
Here are some tips I find useful to build energy so I can stay in the game:
- Get plenty of sleep, enough so that you can bounce out of bed. Sleep has an impact on energy and enthusiasm.
- Eat clean and green and drink plenty of water.
- Get more regular exercise especially strength training.
- Find a new skin care regime that restores luster to your skin to glow from the inside out.
- Stay up to date on everything from the latest tv and music to the latest trends in your profession. Don’t stay stuck in the past in anything.
- Be open to new experiences by saying “Yes!” more frequently.
- Add new friends and revisit old friends. Relationships matter.
- Get out of the house and start thinking about someone else. You will feel better.
Try a few of these tips to stay competitive and relevant, with the energy you need to continue to do great things!
In the meantime, check out this great resource to learn more about staying vibrant in your workplace or to view other videos featuring other strategic job search tips and tools from The Interview Doctor click here.