Time has an impact on the energy we bring to our careers.
This article is an excerpt from our BizTV video, which can be viewed online simply click this link.
I have a secret. I am not as young as I used to be. I can’t believe I am saying that out loud but it is true.
Time has an impact on energy. It does not have an impact on viability or contribution. I still have a lot to say but sometimes I can see that younger folks seem to have bottomless energy. Sometimes I feel a step behind. Ever feel that way?
Here are some tips I find useful to build energy so I can stay in the game:
- Get plenty of sleep, enough so that you can bounce out of bed. Sleep has an impact on energy and enthusiasm.
- Eat clean and green and drink plenty of water.
- Get more regular exercise especially strength training.
- Find a new skin care regime that restores luster to your skin to glow from the inside out.
- Stay up to date on everything from the latest tv and music to the latest trends in your profession. Don’t stay stuck in the past in anything.
- Be open to new experiences by saying “Yes!” more frequently.
- Add new friends and revisit old friends. Relationships matter.
- Get out of the house and start thinking about someone else. You will feel better.
Try a few of these tips to stay competitive and relevant, with the energy you need to continue to do great things!