Are you so busy that you’re not really productive?
It was a perfect day of hiking, riding and wandering around Yellowstone. Clear skies, a little cold but who cares. Gorgeous vistas made up for the cold. All that moving around really adds up. I was pretty proud of myself for hitting that personal best!
But wait. At the bottom of the pedometer screen on my phone it said, “5,732 steps at a healthy pace”.
Yikes. I was more active than ever but less than one third of my activity made any difference at all to my health goals. How could that happen? I kind of felt a little cheated.
It got me thinking. How much of my daily activities in general contribute towards getting me to my goal?
I feel busy all the time. I check off boxes on my TO DO lists every day. But am I getting anywhere? How can I improve the amount of energy and activity that moves me forward towards my goal?
Here are some tips to add “healthy steps” to your day to be more productive.
- Be more aware how you spend your time. Where can you turn wasted time into productive time?
- Schedule time for your top priorities then hold that time sacred.
- Know what your big picture goals are. Eliminate activity that does not support those goals.
- Be realistic about scheduling. Stop sabotaging yourself. Life happens!
- Allow yourself to have some fun every day, a little reward for being more productive!
I am following many of these tips because I want to boost my productivity so I don’t just spin my wheels. Challenge yourself to take more “healthy steps” every day so you can move closer to your goals!
Ask yourself the same question about your career. Is your career taking you where you want to go or are you just very busy? Download a free copy of The Interview Doctor’s Career Advancement Tips to be sure your activity is taking you where you want to go.
Check out these other blog posts for more job search tips and career advice.