I can hear you asking yourself, “Why would anyone write another book on resumes?”
- “Aren’t they all the same?”
- “Isn’t a resume a resume?”
- We could just as well play the game, “when is a resume not a resume?”
A resume or a resume book is not like any other when it has a unique perspective. Here are seven reasons we think our new book, Resumes 3.0: Tools to Find Your Next Job, the second book in the Job Seeker Manifesto, has a unique perspective.
- Resumes are not just a list of places you’ve worked. Your resume should be a compelling declaration of who you are, what you want, and what you have to offer.
- Resumes are no longer a static written document. “Resume” has a different meaning these days. Resume stands for any of several places, virtual and literal, where you store your credentials.
- “Resume” can be a virtual reference to your LinkedIn profile or any other on-line profile.
- Resumes should be strategic. Every word carefully selected to demonstrate what you want and why you should get it.
- Resumes are not really necessary. It is possible to get a job without a resume. You can even get a job with an ugly resume.
- The process of creating a well written paper resume is a great exercise in editing. The space limitations force you to select your words carefully. Strategically even.
- We titled the book, Resumes 3.0, to represent the next generation of resumes – a different perspective representing the future of job search. This is not your father’s resume book!
Not everyone agrees with this point of view. We wrote this book to share our unique perspective. Take it or leave it, I think it is better to have an opinion on the subject!
Resumes 3.0: Tools to Find Your Next Job is the second book in the Job Seeker Manifesto series and will be coming out on March 11th. The first book, Job Search Marketing Plan, helps you organize your search and the third book, “Tell Me About Yourself…” helps you express yourself. In the middle are the tools you need to help you make your dream a reality in today’s marketplace.
Isn’t it time to explore the tools you need to find your next job? Or at least have a look at our point of view?
Stay tuned for news coming about on the 2 weeks special launch of our book Resumes 3.0 on Amazon… it will be FREE!